Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Teacher Tidbits 9-4-12

Welcome back to another wonderful week of school in Elkton and Lake Benton!  Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.

No real "Technology" tools today, just a quick update of things.

First of all, thank you everyone for your patience and understanding as I was gone on Thursday and Friday.  My wife's Grandmother, Arlene Grassel passed away last Thursday.  Shana was very close with her Paternal Grandparents as her Father had died in a tractor accident when she was just an infant, and so she spent a great deal of time with them growing up and throughout her life.  She was laid to rest yesterday in Artesian, SD.  It was wonderful for me to be there for my wife and her family.

In other personal news, we are hoping to close on our future home in Elkton soon.  The banker last week said they were shooting for the 5th, which is tomorrow, but we haven't heard anything since then...it would be nice to close this week, so we could move our things this weekend.  And stop mooching off our relatives!

Anyone remember the 6 Million Dollar Man?  I heard this story over the weekend, about a bionic eye being implanted.  We truly live in remarkable times.  Something to keep in mind when teaching our students, they will grow up in a world much different than the one we did.  Tremendous things are happening, and today's students will be the people inventing things like this, and working in these fields.

Student Computers - I still need to install the North Lab printer for student computers, again please send them down one at a time.  Also, the Sophomores will need Microsoft office installed.  I have some done, but there still are several to do.

Touchscreen computers - I will begin my installing software on the touchscreen computer systems today.  As I said last week, I will hope to finish one each day, and then bring it to the appropriate classroom.

I will be leaving early today (2:30 pm) to attend the CC meet in Garretson.

Tomorrow I will leave around 8:45 am to go to Lake Benton.

Congrats to the Elk Football team, for their dominating performance last Friday against ORR.

Good Luck to the CC team today, as the travel to Garretson to participate in the Jesse James Invitational.

1 comment:

  1. Sympathy to your family in the loss of your grandmother. Grandparents are priceless!!Judy K

    ReplyDelete