Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tuesday...Teacher Technology Tidbits

Been a very busy week in the tech office.  Between getting the touchscreen computers loaded with software, dealing with technology issues with student computers, and a few other things that have popped up, I've barely had a minute to catch my breathe.

But I think I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Today's Technology Tool is a Voki.

http://www.voki.com/

A Voki is a speaking avatar that you can put into your webpage.  Kind of a neat thing to play around with, and I believe you can have students use them too.

I haven't done much with them, although this is something I do want to add to my webpage.
http://mh176.k12.sd.us/

Today is Camo Day for Homecoming week, and I normally like to dress up for Homecoming days, but I do not own a single item of camouflage... So probably the best I can do with that is an old song from Stan Ridgeway in the 80's.

Good Luck to the Cross Country Team as they travel to Dell Rapids Tomorrow!
Good Luck to the Girls Volleyball Team on Thursday as they travel to Estelline!
Good Luck to the Football Team as they host the Homecoming game this Friday against Arlington.

Tomorrow - Wednesday, I will be meeting with a few JH classes in the morning on internet safety, and then traveling to Lake Benton.

I will also be leaving school around 2:30 pm on Wednesday to attend the CC meet!

Have a great Homecoming week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment