Thursday, August 23, 2012

Issues solved, and a big project coming.

The student netbooks have all been passed out, and most of them seem to be working well.

We did run into a few snags, in that some of the freshman computers were losing internet connectivity.  I have the solution to this problem, and it can be fixed fairly quickly.

The other problem, was that student computers were unable to connect to the North Lab network printer.  It took me a good portion of today to find the answer.  Basically, what happened was during the duplication process the drivers for that printer were not installed.

The good news, is that I have found the driver and will be able to install the printer on the student computers.

The bad news, is that I have to do this on each individual student's computer.  So, it is going to take some time to get through all of them.  But we will get them done.

Big Project:
The Touchscreens have arrived for the elementary computers.  I am hoping to start the process of installing the software on these computers soon, and I can actually place them in the classrooms once this is done.  The projectors for these computers are not here yet, and that will be another stage of installation, but we are getting closer.

I apologize wholeheartedly for the delay in getting these done.  We wanted to have them in before the school year started, but ran into a few snags along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment