Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday notes and Weekend

Next Week's Lesson Plans are done. 

Monday's Health classes will be having a test over Chapter 5, except for 7th hour. 
7th hour is having an assembly on Monday.  They will have the test Wednesday, and probably make up Health Day on Friday.

The River City Band Festival is this weekend in Chamberlain.

This year's festival will be featuring The Pride of the Dakotas marching band.
As a SDSU alum, I always enjoy seeing "The Pride" perform, so I think it's pretty cool that they are coming to perform in my town.  If you've never seen them, you are in for a treat.

Speaking of SDSU, the Jackrabbits football team is traveling to Youngstown, Ohio this weekend to take on the Youngstown State Penguins.  Traditionally a football power the Penguins have fallen on bad luck the past few years.  This years team looks to be improved though, and it will be another tough test for the Jacks, who have lost 4 consecutive weeks.

In a move for "reverse mojo", I will not be putting up the SDSU logo this week.  Maybe that will get them back on the winning streak.

This week's video is Peter Gabriel's "The Book of Love". 
I'm choosing the "Scrubs" version, because first of all I love that show, and second of all because it's just so darn touching.  If that video doesn't make you mist up a bit, either you never watched Scrubs, or you're slightly dead inside. (I kid.)

Besides, I think Peter Gabriel could sing the phone book and I'd probably listen to it.


Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment